Excerpted from Giada’s Italy: My Recipes for La Dolce Vita by Giada de Laurentiis. Copyright © 2018 by GDL Foods Inc. Published in the United States by Clarkson Potter/Publishers, an imprint of the Crown Publishing Group, a division of Penguin Random House LLC, New York. Reproduced by arrangement with the Publisher. All rights reserved.
Giada De Laurentiis’ Positano pizzasBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
While spending time in Positano, I was served a version of this dish as an amuse-bouche at a beachside restaurant called Le Tre Sorelle. The pizzas are so much fun to make with Jade and her friends back home, and they are also a great light lunch or snack.
- 1 (16-oz) ball pizza dough , store-bought
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 4 cloves garlic , peeled and smashed
- 2 sprigs fresh basil
- For dusting all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup freshly grated mozzarella
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil , plus more for drizzling
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves
- Place the pizza dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with a towel, and allow it to rest in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Pierce each tomato with the tip of a paring knife. On a small rimmed baking sheet, combine the tomatoes, olive oil, salt, garlic, and basil. Toss to coat and roast for 30 minutes, or until the tomatoes are beginning to blister. Set aside to cool.
- Raise the oven temperature to 425°F.
- On a lightly floured board, use a rolling pin to roll out the pizza dough to a ⁄1 4-inch thickness. Using a cookie cutter or the tip of a sharp knife, cut out six 5-inch hearts and place them on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake the hearts for about 12 minutes, or until lightly puffed and beginning to brown. Remove from the oven and cool slightly. Split the hearts in half horizontally, as if you were making a sandwich. Divide the mozzarella and tomatoes over the bottom halves and sprinkle evenly with the Parmigiano-Reggiano. Replace the tops and brush with extra-virgin olive oil. Sprinkle each heart with oregano.
- Bake for 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the tops are golden. Serve warm, drizzled with more extra-virgin olive oil, if desired.
How to make pizza dough
[bc_video video_id=”5581041946001″ account_id=”10190175001″ player_id=”r1zRQqV3″]