Pineapple Fried RiceBy Chatelaine
Start your weekly dinner plan off strong with a zesty plate of fried rice, featuring tangy pineapple and orange juice, perfect for sharing at the table.
- 6 tsp sesame oil , divided
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 1 large orange , zested and juiced, divided
- 6 tsp soy sauce , divided
- 1 350-g block extra-firm tofu , cut in 3/4-in. cubes
- 1 1/2 cups diced carrots , (about 2 large)
- 4 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 2 cups chopped pineapple , and its juices
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 tsp salt
- Thinly sliced green onions , (optional)
- Toasted sesame seeds , (optional)
- red pepper flakes , (optional)
- Heat a large frying pan over medium. Add 1 tsp sesame oil, then edamame. Cook, stirring occasionally, until edamame turn bright green, about 3 min. Add half the orange zest and juice, and 1 tsp soy sauce. Cook until all liquid is absorbed, about 2 min. Transfer edamame mixture to a plate.
- Increase heat to medium-high, then add 3 tsp sesame oil and tofu cubes. Cook until tofu is lightly browned on all sides, about 5 min. Drizzle 3 tsp soy sauce over tofu. Cook until all liquid is absorbed, about 1 min.
- Add carrots, garlic and ginger to pan. Cook, stirring, for 2 min. Add pineapple and its juices. Cook, scraping any browned bits from bottom of pan.
- Add cooked brown rice, snap peas, and remaining 2 tsp sesame oil, 2 tsp soy, orange zest and juice. Cook, stirring often, until rice is slightly crispy, about 7 min. Stir in salt. Season with pepper.
- Divide fried rice among plates. Sprinkle with green onions, sesame seeds and red pepper flakes.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 22 g,
- 18 g,
- 15 g,
- 10 g,
- 1 mg.
FILED UNDER: The Dinner Plan