1 h 20 min
These sweet and crisp cherry-almond florentines are an elegant addition to you holiday cookie tin.
- 1/2 cup 35% cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- orange zest , from 1 orange
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup chopped slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped dried cherries
- 2 tbsp finely chopped candied ginger
- 84 g dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Add cream, sugar and butter to a medium saucepan and set over medium. Bring to a simmer, whisking frequently, then remove from heat. Whisk in flour, orange zest, salt and vanilla until smooth. Stir in almonds, cherries and ginger. Drop mounds of batter, 1 level tbsp each, on 1 baking sheet, at least 2 in. apart. Cookies will spread as they bake.
- Bake in centre of oven until edges are golden and centres are bubbly, 10 to 11 min. Cool cookies on sheet for 2 min, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Melt chocolate and drizzle or dip cooled cookies. Refrigerate cookies until chocolate is firm, about 10 min. Store between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container up to 5 days or freeze up to 1 month.
Watch how to melt chocolate using a double-boiler
Nutrition (per serving)
- 1 g,
- 12 g,
- 6 g,
- 1 g,
- 33 mg.