Sangria GranitaBy Chatelaine
An adults-only sweet treat to help cool you down on a warm summer evening. And best of all, it only takes 10 minutes to make.
- 300g frozen, thawed raspberries , (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups bold red wine , (such as merlot)
- 1 1/2 cups apple juice
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice , (about 3 oranges)
- blackberries , for garnish
- raspberries , for garnish
1. Push raspberries through a sieve into a measuring cup, using the bottom of a ladle. It should measure 3/4 cup. Discard seeds.
2. Stir wine with raspberry purée, apple juice, and orange zest and juice in an 8 x 8-in. baking dish or resealable container. Cover and freeze until firm, about 6 hr, preferably overnight.
3. Scrape dish with a fork to form icy flakes. Scoop into cones, cups or bowls. Garnish with blackberries and raspberries. Keeps
well in freezer for 2 weeks.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 7 g,
- 3 mg.