Warm Sweet-And-Savoury NutsBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
This elevated nut mix takes just 15 minutes to make.
- 1 1/2 tsp finely chopped rosemary
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 2 cups mixed unsalted nuts , such as walnuts, pecans, cashews, almonds, hazelnuts and peanuts
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tsp packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp flaked sea salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment. Combine rosemary and garlic salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium. Add nuts and pepitas. Cook, stirring , until the lightcoloured nuts start turning golden, 5 to 8 min. Stir in oil. (Nuts will start to be fragrant.)
- Remove pan from heat. Sprinkle sugar overtop. Stir until sugar melts, about 10 sec. Sprinkle with rosemary mixture and stir just until coated. Transfer mixture to prepared sheet. Spread out in an even layer. Sprinkle with flaked salt. Let cool slightly. Serve warm.
FILED UNDER: Editor's Picks